A not-for-profit initiative Talk Journalism is built on the thought that there is a need to discuss & debate journalism, a profession that discusses everything, but seldom talks about itself.
In the fast developing era of technology, the media space is changing like never before. There is a need for a platform where professions, trends related to it, technological advances, challenges are discussed and debated.
How the dynamics of the profession are evolving also needs to be discussed at a non-partisan platform. Beyond this, there is a need to train the workforce in newsrooms on various new advanced technology tools for enhancing their work and increasing their capabilities.
Talk Journalism is an initiative of The Vox Media Foundation (section 8 company CIN U85300RJ2015NPL047930) which aims at bridging this gap and takes a step towards initiating the media dialogue.
We believe that if there’s an idea worth sharing and discussing, people will come forward, share it and contribute meaningfully to its development.
The journey of Talk Journalism started in July 2012 with a simple tweet call to journalists to come forward and discuss the Evolution of collaborative journalism and the future of ‘online’ journalism in India?
Seven journalists from different streams came forward and discussed what collaborative journalism is? How is social media impacting newsrooms? How likes on FB pages, 140 character tweets and blog posts create journalistic work outside mainstream media?
We tracked the India’s online media story; the perception of online media was discussed. Speakers shared their views on the future of online/social media journalism in a booming market. They reflected on how India fares with respect to the rest of the world when it comes to collaborative journalism.
With sharing and discussion at its core Talk Journalism embarked on its journey and we have organized three conclaves in Jaipur (2012, 2015 & 2016)
- Abhayjeet SinghImaginXP
- Anuj SharmaFounder, Braveheart Soldier Foundation
- Avanindra MishraSenior Journalist
- Avinash ThanviSenior Journalist
- Ayushi TikkiwalTata Consultancy Services
- Dilnawaz KhanChief Evangelist at Codesign Labs
- Pankaj SharmaFounder, Netleon Technologies
- Prateek KasliwalAdvocate
- Sandeep PurohitSenior Journalist
- Shoeb KhanSenior Journalist
- Saanvi VashishthaSocio-Political Activist
- Anshul PatidarMan on Digital Front
- General TariqMarshalling Sessions & Logistics
- Jitendra Singh DhakaManaging Venue & Registrations
- Mohammad ArifMan Friday. We say, he delivers
- Mohammad Tahir
- Nitin SharmaEager Beaver of The Team
- Pranshu PareekAdministration and Operations
- Sālik KhanMarketing & Communications
- The Vox Foundation aims at developing a media festival that talks about issues, trends, best practices, challenges and developments taking place globally in the field.
- The festival will be held once every year in Jaipur in the last weekend of July.
- We will be organizing regional chapters as Talk Journalism where we rope in experts regularly to discuss journalism and related issues
- The idea is to create a global community that collaborates and supports individuals, aspiring media professionals.
- From the funds that we generate via our events, we plan to give fellowship / conduct residency programmes for media professionals.
- We look forward to collaborate with likeminded organizations, donors and institutions to give out fellowships/ start in-residence journalism programs.
- Via the event we aim to promote debate on current media issues and practices prevailing globally among media houses and start ups.
- We aim to create links among media practitioners, professionals and organizations globally to bring to table good practices prevailing globally and spreading its reach
- It will be a forum where media students will be supported with links and professional leads. We will try and facilitate collaborations on stories, reports and media related issues